Sunday, April 25, 2010

Hot Springs, NC to Phoenix, AZ (4/17/10 - 4/25/10)

  • April 16th I was grounded for shin splints, in Hot Springs, NC.  Come Monday morning (4/19), my shin was still hurting.  Due to this, I returned to the doctor.  During the meeting with the doctor, I asked him to look at what I thought was bad chafing from my backpack.  Upon examination he informed me that it was not chafing...it was shingles and put me on medication for it.  He had no idea as to how long it would take for me to get over the shingles.  I had been struck by the double shins (SHIN splints and SHINgles).  After thinking it through, Richard and I decided we should come home for awhile.  Thankfully cousin Tom and Nancy were there to help us again.  We got back to Phoenix last night. My shin splints and shingles are still hurting; but I am recuperating.  We plan to return to the trail, but are not sure when.  I will let everyone know when.  Thank you all for your comments and support during this adventure.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Jerry. Sorry to see that you are having problems. Don't worry, you'll recover and then you get to start the pain all over again. A long walk, it looks more like a long sit to me. Ha! Good luck. Congrats for trying this. I suggest you post more comments that make it seem like you are having fun. How many nights are you in a tent vs. a shelter? Take care. Tom I.

    ReplyDelete